Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Altered Birdhouse

We had our final Christmas over the weekend and I made my FIL and my husbands grandfather a birdhouse with pictures of my kids. I got this idea from the girls at Holidays with the Cricut. They give great instructions on how to make this.

I bought the birdhouses at the Dollar Tree but you could find them at Micahel's also. I painted them white and then went to my scrap box to find paper.

I used the following cricut cartridges: Storybook and Accent Essentials.

For the piece around the bird hole I used an accent from the Accent Essentials cartridge which can be found on page 33. I cut it at 1.5" on one birdhouse and 1.75" on the other birdhouse.

The piece around the peg is from the Storybook cartridge. It is the frame on page 58. I cut it at 1" for both birdhouses.

Then for the trim on the roof I used the exclamation point on the Storybook cartridge which can be found on 62. I cut it at 3.5" for one birdhouse and 4" for the other birdhouse.

I painted the birdhouse white before I decoupage the picture and paper to the birdhouse. I used two wallet size pictures for the roof of the birdhouse and a 4x6 picture for the back. I did not get the picture on the back cut quite right but my youngest is so cute (well all my kids are cute) it makes up for it :)

Here are some more pictures of the birdhouses.

No comments:

Post a Comment