Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Froggy Valentine

Yesterday when I was browsing my blog list I just fell in love with this froggy and had to recreate it. I found it on Sherri's blog Love, Laughter, and Creations. You can find the details how to make Mr. Froggy over there. If you haven't visited her blog check it out. She is so talented and has lots of inspiration over there.

On the frog I did ink around everything but the eyes. I used Plantin Schoolbook for the frog. The heart is cut at 1/2 inch. For the frogs mouth I used a peachy keen stamp for the frog on the New Arrival cartridge.

The card is a standard A2 card but I cut the base at 4.25" by 11" and folded it in half. The frog paper is from K & Company. I cut the strip of frog paper at 1.25" by 4.25" and inked around it.

The pink square is cut at 3.5" by 3.5". I ran the pink piece through the cuttlebug with the swiss dot folder and inked the edges. Then I matted it with green paper.

I have entered this card in the Practical Scrappers Embossing Challenge.

5 comments:

  1. Hi! Imagine my surprise when checking out the Practical Scrappers entries and seeing this one!!! I'm flattered....and your frog is adorable!! He looks shy........I love it!

    Sherri
    Practical Scrappers DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an adorable card! Great embossing and lovely color combination! Thanks for playing along with us at Practical Scrappers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these frogs are adorable! Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! That frog is adorable and I love the little frogs on the patterned paper. Thanks for joining our challenge at Practical Scrappers :)

    ReplyDelete