Friday, December 4, 2009

Fireplace card


This card I had a lot of fun making. I actually made 12 of them. I used 3 different cricut cartridges. This card was inspired by Bug Junkie's Twas the Night before Christmas Shape book. (If you ever wanted to try a shape book she has great videos on how to do it.)

From the Joys of the Season I used the following:

The fireplace which is cut at 2 1/4 inches.

The Christmas tree which is cut at 3 inches.

The presents which are cut at 3/4 inches.


From the Doodlecharm cartridge I used:

The stockings which are cut at 3/4 inches


From the Stand and Salute cartridge i used:

The frame which is cut at 1 3/4 inches.

I also printed from the computer the Merry Christmas and cut them in rectangles to fit the frame. (If I had a stamp small enough I would of used that.)

I inked around the edges of the fireplace, tree, presents, stockings and frame with cat eye's chalk ink. I used burgundy chalk to give dimension to the flame and the bows on the presents. Then I used stickles to make the garland on the tree and rhinestones from Michael's dollar bin for the ornaments.

Lastly I used foam tape to raise the fireplace so the fire sits inside and I pop dotted the presents.

I have enter this card at Practical Scrappers: Anything Christmas Challenge and Just Buggin' challenge #15 , 365 Cards: Day 294.

13 comments:

  1. Great card
    I love all the great details...
    Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just adorable and LOOKS like it was a lot of fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, I love the cute little Christmas stockings

    Best wishes
    Karen
    JB DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. I've been wanting to use that fireplace cut. Yours looks great! Thanks for joining in the Just Buggin' challenge.

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pattern paper as the wall paper look. Thanks or join us over at Just Buggin'.

    Merry Christmas,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great detailing! Love your little ornaments and your wall paper!

    THanks for joining us at JB!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great!! Lots of details!!
    Lynne JB DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh too too cute!!! thanks for joining us at Just Buggin

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this! I envisioned a similar card once but couldn't get it to turn out in real life as cute as I pictured it in my head! You did a fabulous job! Thanks for playing along at Just Buggin! Hope to see you again.
    Lori
    JB DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, this is adorable! I think anyone who gets this will treasure it! It could totally go in a frame! Thanks for playing with us at Just Buggin!

    Kandi *JB DT*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sucha a great card! LOVE the fireplace!
    Thanks for playing with us this week at Just Buggin!

    Sammye Jo JB DT
    www.62cards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Job...love it! Thanks for playing at Just Buggin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You created a beautiful card - thanks for sharing all the details!

    ReplyDelete