Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Deer Dad Birthday Card

This is a cute birthday card I made my husband for his birthday. This is a 5.5" by 8.5" card. I used 4 different cricut cartridges. I also got the inspiration for this card from the fisherman's card on Cardz TV.

The first cartridge I used was the Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge. I cut the body out at 4" on blackout. Then I used the clothes from the fisherman on page 71. I cut the hat, hair, shirt, vest and waders all at 4". I inked around all the detail pieces with brown cat's eye chalk ink and inked the detail cuts on the hat and vest. I also used a stamp from Peachy Keen's Basic Paper Doll Face set.

I cut the deer from the Animal Kingdom cartridge. I cut it at 3" and inked around him with brown cat's eye ink. I also used a black pen and drew over the contour lines of the deer.

I used Plantin Schoolbook for the grass. It is on page 69. I cut it at 8.5" with the fit to length button on the expression. I inked the tips of the grass and the bottom edge with the brown ink also.

I used the Stand and Salute cartridge for the gun. I used the cross rifles found on page 49 and cut it at 1.5 inches. I then cut one of the rifles off so it was a single gun.

The sentiment I typed and printed off the computer.

I pop dotted the hunter, deer and sentiment.

I entered this card in Just Buggin' Challenge #17 and Cupcake Craft Challenge #71. Please go check out these awesome blogs.

Thanks for looking.

6 comments:

  1. This is SO cute! I love your little hunter and the saying! That background is so fun too! Thanks for playing with us at Just Buggin!

    Kandi *JB DT*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! Great work...thanks for playing along at Just Buggin! :)

    Lori C.
    JB DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card and just perfect for our celebration theme, I love the twist on the wording in your sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at Cupcake :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great birthday card-I am sure your husband will love it! Thanks for giving such great detail on how the card was made!!

    Thanks for joining us at Just Buggin'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card. The image is adorable and the paper is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge and don't forget our new challenge starts on 4th Jan!. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete