Monday, December 14, 2009

Jelly Jar-simple


Ok time has finally caught up to me and I'm way behind on gifts. Last night I made 13 jars of cranberry jelly for teacher gifts this year. (Making jelly is not as hard as some people think). Well since these need to be done tomorrow and I have housework to catch up on and a Christmas Party tonight I'm just keeping them simple.

I cut a 2.5 inch circle out of Christmas pattern paper using the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge and put the circle under the jar lid.

Then I cut a tag using the tag feature on Joys of the Season cartridge. I used the star on page 53. I cut the tag at 2.25 inches using a burgundy cardstock. I also cut 2 base tags using a cream color cardstock.

The first base I rubbed on some boss gloss embossing ink from Stamp-n-Stuff on the first base tag then sprinkled on some jeweled gold embossing powder from Stamp-n-Stuff.

Then I layered the burgundy tag on the embossed tag and layered that on the 2nd foundation tag to hide the ink that leaks through the back. I don't have time to mess with it :)

I put an eyelet through the tag and just tied it on the jar using some ribbon that I found in my Christmas boxes. So 1 down 12 more to go :)

To see what others are working on for Christmas visit Practical Scrappers.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a cool idea to share! I'm sure it will be appreciated! Thanks for joining us again this week at Practical Scrappers!

    ReplyDelete